Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,953   Posts: 1,586,005   Online: 779

Shooter
    35mm

Attention please owners of Meoptas (Axomat 5a)

:-) I don't want to sell anything
    :-) but last night I was in my darkroom printing. I never did pay attention to that table on the enlarger chassis, next to the coloumn. It has three coloumn (no pun intended!!!), one beta, one 50 and the last 30, and many rows.
    What the hell is this table?
    I've guessed that the 50 and 30 refers to the enlarger lens but what about beta?
    Is this an enlargement factor?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Alessandro !
    This table gives the height of the head for a given enlarging factor (or the reverse)
    Imagine you want to enlarge 10 diameters with a 50 mm lens, so you choose 10 in the Beta column, and read the figure horizontally in the 50 column. Next, elevate the head up to the figure indicated, and voila ! a 10 times enlargment. Of course, you must use the focusing device of the neg carrier to focus properly ,-)
    Once a given enlargment is done, reading the height of the column, one can calculate the exact enlargment factor, in order for say calculate the new exposure time if you plan to make a bigger print.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin