Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,138   Online: 918

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting. I have used a somewhat modified version of this the last two nights in the darkroom. I have been meaning to tighten up ship in regards to my printing methods (and note keeping) lately. A combination of Fred Picker's advice and what I learned from Michael A Smith with a nod towards Multi-grade printing has really worked wonders for me.

Anyone NEW to the darkroom would do well to follow this to the letter. Especially the part about taking your time and really looking at the prints, including turning them upside down.

Thanks again Parker Smith.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Anyone NEW to the darkroom would do well to follow this to the letter. Especially the part about taking your time and really looking at the prints, including turning them upside down.

Thanks again Parker Smith.
    That said... I just realized I've been working in the darkroom for 15 years now. People with FAR more experience (and I realize there are many on this site ( and I have learned much from your contributions, THANK YOU)) might yawn a bit at that... but damn, that's a long ass time to this 34 year old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the most important thing Fred taught, and a lot of people missed, is that you should develop a systematic process that works for you. By following the process, you can learn to make predictable variations. Michael teaches the same thing - though his process differs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the most important thing he taught-and it was hard to miss-wsthatwhatever you do, make sure you buy yaall your stuff from zoneVI. his printing expertise was -unfortunately excelled by his salesmanship. and he was willing to compromise the first for the latter.may he rest in peace,because,besides that,he did photography a great service.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    I think the most important thing Fred taught, and a lot of people missed, is that you should develop a systematic process that works for you. By following the process, you can learn to make predictable variations. Michael teaches the same thing - though his process differs.
    I agree completely.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    Michael teaches the same thing - though his process differs.
    So does Bob Carnie, the master split grade printer on VC paper, from whom I learned the technique. You can outflank this process just as well as you can Michael's contact printing process.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    So does Bob Carnie, the master split grade printer on VC paper, from whom I learned the technique. You can outflank this process just as well as you can Michael's contact printing process.
    Sooo wish I could have made it up for that, Jim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin