Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,983   Online: 725

Shooter
    Multi Format

Neg Carrier Is Stuck!

Hi Everyone,

I just stumbled upon an Omega Chromega Dichro enlarger and understand everything about it except for one really annoying thing. the enlarger came with a 35mm carrier in it and I am needing to remove it. It seems to be locked into position somehow. I have looked and looked for a release button and can't find anything. Probably a really dumb question....but How does one remove the neg carrier on this enlarger.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There should be a lever on the left side of the enlarger, pull it forward and it will lift the head so you can remove the negative carrier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have tried the lever and have exposed 35mm prints with it. It doesnt pull straight out. I promise!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So... Upon further inspection it looks like some put double sided tape on the top of both sides of the neg carrier!!! Why would someone do that. It make me not want to take it off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetronic View Post
    So... Upon further inspection it looks like some put double sided tape on the top of both sides of the neg carrier!!! Why would someone do that. It make me not want to take it off.
    They probably only printed 35mm negs and never felt a need to remove it ---- unfortunately.

If you intend to mix formats you will need another sized carrier which gives you the opportunity to clean the mating services that sandwich the carrier and put in place proper seals to prevent light spillage. Even if you intend to only print 35mm negs you will be better served with fresh seals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So... Upon further inspection it looks like some put double sided tape on the top of both sides of the neg carrier!!!
    The foam seals have deteriorated into a gooey mess is more likely what happened. Old foam deteriorates. Scrape and solvent it off, and put some new foam on and it'll be good as new.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thats something that i need to do on my enlarger at the moment. Would not hurt to give her a nice cleaning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got all the nasty seals off - any idea where to get new seals??? for 35 and 120

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Got all the nasty seals off - any idea where to get new seals??? for 35 and 120
    What model Chromega do you have? The gasket is not format specific, but it does matter what model the enlarger is. If you have a Chromega D, this is what you need:

http://store.khbphotografix.com/Ligh...olorheads.html

If you have a B or C, some weather stripping from Home Depot will work.

The seals mount to the underside of the enlarger head - NOT to the negative carrier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Chromega B. didn't think of the weatherstripping. I see now where it is supposed to go. Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Aaron

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin