Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,114   Online: 1197

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Densichron model DT63 - Sargent-Welch - looking for manual/info

Hi - I picked up the Densichron DT63 and google is failing to provide a manual or thread with info on how to use. Anyone have a manual or info re what have I below, has a on/off, zero and slope dial, and lever to engage the reading. Thanks in advance for your comments

Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    It looks like a B&W transmission densitometer. You would need a calibration strip to calibrate it. Basically putting nothing and make a reading adjust for zero reading. Putting a known relatively high density 2.0 density or so and adjust the slope for the correct reading. Going back and forth until both readings are ok. Then reads several known reading at say .75 1.00 etc.. to see if it reads good. Then you can use it. That my guess by just looking at the unit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another tip, in addition to Chan's - let the light source stabilise by leaving it on for a few minutes before calibrating, and again for a few minutes before taking readings.

If a step wedeg is not handy, get a start with theatrical gel - rosco makes a free sample book of a whole slew of colours. Near the back there are 1/3, 2/3 and whole stop neutral denisty gel samples. . Each whole stop is 0.3 I recall. Pull then from the sample book, and stack them to create the appropriate density to get north of 2.0, to set the slope. You may want to start with a piece of film base and zero before adding the ND tothe film base and set the slope. then tape over the slope knob. It should not change .
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin