Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,497   Online: 1029

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Safelights on all the time, I focus on the grain so safelight has no effect, I have tested with on and off with no difference. I can see the potential with a 20 to 30 min development of lith to want the lights off but how in the hell are you going to see the snatch point.

Also I have found because of lith printing I have learned to analyze my print in the developer and I feel comfortable making dodging and burning decisions looking in the tray , and turning on quickly to analyze density, then to the next print and adjustment.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    On. My safelight is far away from my enlarger, and darkroom almost feels "too dark".

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    A darkroom should be a warm inviting space with good music, the Thompsons make me feel like I am in a disco with Gladys Night blasting.

Quote Originally Posted by vysk View Post
    On. My safelight is far away from my enlarger, and darkroom almost feels "too dark".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Friday View Post
    How does leaving the light on when focusing increase the cumulative light exposure? The paper should be in a light tight box until ready to expose, i.e. after focusing.
    You're right. What I meant to say was dodging. Thanks for catching that. Jerry
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    I have to pay the electric bills, so . . . mine is "off". Of course the timer does this without my intervention.
    And I'll bet all the watts in your safelight added a chunk to your electric bill ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I currently have 6 (2x sets of 3) Nova 5 Star LED heads spaced around my darkroom (all aimed at the ceiling from a distance of 12") which is 6' x 7' for the present they stay on, but that is only until I get around to wiring a 2 way socket to the Stopclock Pro Timer. I have tested them on full power with Ilford Multigrade IV paper and get no discernable fogging even after 20 minutes with a 'max flashed' bit of paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    And I'll bet all the watts in your safelight added a chunk to your electric bill ...
    I want to be able to say I've done "something" to reduce my carbon footprint.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    I currently have 6 (2x sets of 3) Nova 5 Star LED heads spaced around my darkroom (all aimed at the ceiling from a distance of 12") which is 6' x 7' for the present they stay on, but that is only until I get around to wiring a 2 way socket to the Stopclock Pro Timer. I have tested them on full power with Ilford Multigrade IV paper and get no discernable fogging even after 20 minutes with a 'max flashed' bit of paper.
    I bought that set of 4 off of LFPF and *Love* them in my closet sized darkroom space. I put diffusion material over them due to space constraints and like you said, even at full power they do nothing to paper. The dimming control is right under my Zonemaster so I use them across the entire range.

Too bad they don't make them anymore, they are brilliant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I prefer to turn it off for long exposures,
    When dodging or burning, I shield the easel from the light since it is behind me, which also holds for shorter exposures.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin