Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,920   Posts: 1,584,814   Online: 1089

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Getting back into the game. Exciting!

One and a half year ago I packed up my darkroom (bathroom upstairs), and move to a new home.
    Since then I've been inching (more like milimetering) to get back into printing. But things like changing-career kept getting in the way

Last week it finally happened. I managed to set aside a third of my car garage to put up the smallest of my 4 enlargers.

And I snagged a mini sink that fits perfectly in my limited space.

It's good to be back again...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats on the setup.

I'm waiting till I get my darkroom construction finished.
    It has taken a lot longer than I had originally planned, due to unexpected events.
    But that has benenfits as I can now replan the setup to include a 4x5 enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm 50% along, but it will be my first, proper (or close enough) darkroom. No moving my gear to get to the toilet....

I also have to deal with the need to work with 4X5 and print sizes (hopefully) up to 16X20.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You go!!! There's just nothing to compare, is there?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great!
    The solitude of the DR is truly a healing endeavor for me.

You're lucky with the sink. Although my setup has matured into a very decently equipped workspace, a sink is the one main thing I lack.
    I have holding trays and jugs of tap & filtered water handy.
    The rest of the time it's up 10 steps to a utility room for final wash.
    It seems I climb those stairs way more than just for final washes...

Shooter
    35mm
    yep, my darkroom is the same, light tight, but without water.. i filled an old 20 litre brewing vessel with water and drop the finished prints in there till i get to a sink. congrats to op for the setup though!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Great!
    The solitude of the DR is truly a healing endeavor for me.

You're lucky with the sink. Although my setup has matured into a very decently equipped workspace, a sink is the one main thing I lack.
    I have holding trays and jugs of tap & filtered water handy.
    The rest of the time it's up 10 steps to a utility room for final wash.
    It seems I climb those stairs way more than just for final washes...
    Bruce, that sink above is currently waterless also.
    I put a big metal cooking pot to catch water drips and I use jugs to store water.
    Chemicals go back to the bottles and expired ones are collected to be dumped at the local city disposable facility once a month.

Finished prints that I want to keep, I just submerge those in an extra tray filled with fresh water, wait until daylight, then wash it with my Nova washer (or just hose it for my RC prints).

FYI that sink is from Delta (http://www.cpmdelta1.com/Darkroom.htm) here in Texas.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin