Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,551   Online: 775

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saving paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art 300 is Ilford's Warmtone emulsion on the textured paper. You can get close for the basic exposure using Ilford MG Warmtone. But, MG Warmtone isn't very much cheaper than the Art 300.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I whole-heartedly suggest getting a Neutral Density filter, it will help you keep reasonable enlarging times without having to use f/22.

I often use a 2-stop No. 96 gelatin filter, but find it is not enough density. I wish I had a 3 or 4 stop filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If what I said was offensive, I sincerely apologize. It was not my intention to judge or offend anyone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    If what I said was offensive, I sincerely apologize. It was not my intention to judge or offend anyone.
    What you said was not offensive at all.
    I just thought you were judging that I was going to try to use an specific paper without have trying and practice with other papers before.
    I have being print for only 2 months about but I have printed hundreds photographs already.

As I said, I know that some of my questions sound silly. I knew that there is no paper which will have the exactly same time exposition and development. But since I am not a master who know everything, I gave a chance to see if somebody have found a solution to save paper based on their experience.

I actually printed for the first time on ART 300 today and love it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I whole-heartedly suggest getting a Neutral Density filter, it will help you keep reasonable enlarging times without having to use f/22.

I often use a 2-stop No. 96 gelatin filter, but find it is not enough density. I wish I had a 3 or 4 stop filter.
    Is this filter the same we use on camera lens?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    Is this filter the same we use on camera lens?
    If you have one for your camera lens you can use it. In the darkroom, a square gelatin filter would work as well (since you are not walking around with it on the camera).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will try next time. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've tried to save paper for years and not succeeded. My Beseler analyzer gets me in the ballpark with exposure. Test strips too small doesn't tell me enough information. From my experience, proper exposure and development saves me time, paper and aggravation. Maybe someone will make an enlarger meter iPhone app that works better than my Beseler PM2L.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I printed 5 images and this was the first one and the one I like the most.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7745637_orig.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	66254

But the paper doesn't scan well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nothing wrong with using a ND filter to increase exposure times but I'd have thought that with Ilford Art and either dichroic head filtration or Ilford multigrade filters at the 5x7 print size, using two or three stops down (f8 or f11)would give reasonable times without the need for f16 or f22

pentaxuser

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin