Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,679   Online: 1141

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also cut an extra frame's worth of blank film at the end of a roll. If you scan your film you can use that frame to calibrate the scanner. Just make sure you have some all black film and some all clear film. Then you'll have something to calibrate your film base and your D-max from.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you were truly OCD like a friend of mine you would do what he does and skip every other frame as you shoot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think I am in danger...
    My 6x9 are always on the end.
    And so is my 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Strange, my 4x5s are always at the beginning.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's the top.

How much space did you get between frames?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Keystone. Wish I could get film for it. I do have a Bag Mag but it needs to be repaired.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    35mm
    This falls under "vagaries of life". Like odd numbers of socks, rain on the parade, and the car being low on gas only when we're in a hurry.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    If you were truly OCD like a friend of mine you would do what he does and skip every other frame as you shoot.
    "Film is cheap." I've been known to shoot three frames of shots I think I'll really like. Some people bracket exposures but I rather take three at the setting I believe to be correct. That way I end up with a frame to print that isn't on the end in a strip of five. Plus, it gives me a backup in case the first one gets damaged somehow.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    How come it seems like every negative I want to print is on the end of the strip? I cut my film in strips of six, so the "keepers" have a one-in-three chance of being either the first or last frame of any given strip. It's so annoying.

The same thing has been happening with my slide copying experiments: I don't mount my slides; instead, I cut them in strips of six slides per strip. When I want to copy either the first or last frame on a strip, it's much harder to keep the film lined up and flat.

How does one combat this problem? Is it worth it to cut the keepers off of the strip and store them separately? Do glass holders help keep strips of film from trying to fall out of the holder and getting crooked?
    Can anyone explain what the problem is here? Neg 1 and 6 are the same size and shape as neg 3 and 4, and the neg holder grips them the same.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrichard View Post
    Can anyone explain what the problem is here? Neg 1 and 6 are the same size and shape as neg 3 and 4, and the neg holder grips them the same.
    Richard
    Negative curl, and getting a firm grip with the negative holder on the negative that wants to be free!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin