Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,963   Online: 1009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    a little know fact - there are fewer of these kind of gremlins as the film size gets larger!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just be glad there are frames you want to print... The rest can be worked out.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Yes that's the important thing.

youngrichard, I believe this thread was just a chance to let off some steam about a "Murphy's Law" problem I can relate to.

It's a minor annoyance.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    A very good point, thank you :)

I actually have considered making blank exposures in between shots, but it seems like too much of a waste, especially if I'm using films that are no longer available.

I realize that my original post was petty and trite. I was glad to hear I wasn't the only one annoyed by this though!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My problem of late - why is it the only image I want to print on a row of negs is the only one that has a preventable flaw on it - I.E., the only one with a dust spot, or a few ever so minor scratches....sigh

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And all bad drivers have out-of-state plates. It's not Murphy's Law as much as a confirmation bias.

But dammit if this doesn't always happen to me too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    My problem of late - why is it the only image I want to print on a row of negs is the only one that has a preventable flaw on it - I.E., the only one with a dust spot, or a few ever so minor scratches....sigh
    +1
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I use filed out negative carriers and some time anti-Newton glass carriers. With the filed out carriers I use low tack White paper tape to hold the film in place and cut the piece in half with pinking shears to create teeth on either edge and attach the tape about half way into the sprocket holes and in the center of the frame edges. This holds the film in the carrier but doesn't show in the rebate that winds up as part of the print.The low tack tape's adhesive doesn't come off on the film. My anti-Newton glass carrier is a Beseler 4x5, I cut a mask to center the neg and eliminate any flare that can be caused by the clear surrounding glass, which allows me to tape the film strip to the mask. Hope that's useful information!
    Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin