Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,132   Online: 880

Shooter
    Multi Format

A word of thanks and stupid darkroom tricks.

As I get closer toward actually making prints in my little closet RA-4 darkroom, I must say that soaking up the collective wisdom of this forum has made what I anticipate to be a smooth launch successful. Clearly there are some master printers here and I want you all to know that your generosity in sharing you knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

On a lighter note, while I wait for a proper D-5 lens board I couldn't resist hacking one out of cardboard just to play. I mounted it to the enlarger, placed a negative into the carrier, got in the dark and tried it out. "Damn, this is pretty dim," sez I. But it has been at least 25 years since I was in a darkroom and let's just say that my eyes aren't the only thing that have gone downhill in that time. But it was really dim. "Oh God, I should have bought a film scanner," as I retired to my TV/computer chair in the light. "Damn, that was the D-B mixing chamber, too"...........mixing chamber. Yep there it was sitting on the shelf instead of in the enlarger head. What a long strange trip it is going to be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the first of many "whoops".... called being human and one of the ways we learn!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin