Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,698   Posts: 1,482,557   Online: 921

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Wild-goose-chase: 17x20x1 mm glass - Red Safety Filter

Anyone have an idea how I could find the below, but red, photo-paper-safe, has to be glass, heat resistant, 20mm long (long side measured below), 17mm high and 1mm wide, and preferably cheap...thanks in advance

Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Andy.
    Your request as presented does not give enough information to be specific. I think it would be a good idea to tell us what you are thinking of doing.
    Regards
    Richard
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yeah figured as much, I wanna put a saftey filter in my dichro enlarger head to be able to toggle with and w/o safety filter. I know I could solve for this in a number of ways (under lens filter, etc)....

But was hoping somone would say...."yeah buy this, and have a glass cutter cut it for $5...."

What is a "this"?

Maybe that?
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251271524650
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I found a picture of what I want, Leitz makes it but it is $100....I want that red glass safety filter pictured below....but done on the cheap, I can't justify spending $100 for a red safety filter:
    http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/images/photo/v35bw.jpg

C'mon Apug, don't let me down.....you all always have some MacGyver trick up your sleeve. No one knows how to find a thin, photo-paper-safe red safety filter? I can't even figure out if a red 25a is considered "safety"??? I've seen a thread here where somone thinks its photo safe, but really didn't know.....no one knows? Thanks in advance for your ideas
    Last edited by zsas; 05-08-2013 at 06:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not as elegant but a VC filter holder which clamps to the lens would allow you to use it for a red filter.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^ I have that actually, I hate it
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/65920161...r-kit-kodak-in
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My first choice would be someone like Edmund Optics, but they wouldn't be cheap by a long shot.. A low cost alternative would be a flat sheet of glass from an old Kodak safelight, but... Old glass is notoriously difficult to cut as it gets brittle with age and it may not be "heat resistant" enough.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear zsas,

Maybe this will help.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Now we're talking! Thanks Neal, so the magic question to you or any curve-wavelength-physics-of-light-and-color-pros, does the Red Dicro filter (item #52-528) block the right wavelengths of light to be color safe?

This is the PDF of the red:
    http://www.edmundoptics.com/techsupp...curv_52528.pdf

Though not as costly as the $100 Leitz linked above $30ish is plausible but not perfect
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    My first choice would be someone like Edmund Optics, but they wouldn't be cheap by a long shot.. A low cost alternative would be a flat sheet of glass from an old Kodak safelight, but... Old glass is notoriously difficult to cut as it gets brittle with age and it may not be "heat resistant" enough.
    Nice ideas! The Kodak safelight option is plausible though that glass is really thick...and fails one of my criteria (1mm thick)

Edmund, yep Neal has some info above...it works but then cost gets a bit much...

This is one of those riddles where you know something shouldn't cost that much to MacGyver but I seem so stumped finding the right material....

Keep the ideas coming...much appreciated
    Andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin