Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,740   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Woooo..... that's interesting! I'm gonna try this.
    This works very well but even better if you shoot through a deep red filter, maybe even underexpose a slight bit. Even if you use very strong bleach, there will still be a faint image on the print but through a filter, it should not be visable on screen.

Best to also use a very diluted developer so it comes up a bit more gradually.

Many years ago, I was in an advert for a client on teacher training. (OK my hand was!) It actually was processed for real with under red light on a film set, though was shot on top range equipment. Here's my three seconds of fame. Only time I've not worn rubber gloves in the darkroom! Was fun to see it in the cinema before the main feature!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEKxsI7i0tc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes There is a process where one can expose the print, develop it and then bleach it and re develop it in water in daylight. the image appears like magic.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ask "Sergey", that's his APUG handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77QHDub-DYM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! People still use videotape?!

DSLR... welcome to the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Use a DSLR to make the video - quality models film well above EI 3200.
    What is this DSLR thing with EI 3200 and how would I develop video from it, would I have to push process?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just posted this,

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...9-99-safe.html

and remembered this thread... you could buy 4 or 10 of these bulbs, and have enough light to film, as it would not fog your paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    . . . . .

Other option: Develop and fix the print as normal, wash it, then use a ferricyanide bleach on it. Rewash, then redevelop with the lights on while you take your video.
    Bleaching would be the easiest method to accomplish the task. But, my question . . . How does one "fake a WOW moment" in a dark room?
    Last edited by DannL; 06-13-2013 at 07:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spell'in errorrs

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Bleaching would be the easiest method to accomplish the task. But, my question . . . How does one "fake a WOW moment" in a dark room?
    With pot-ferri bleach! Just bleach it back to utmost faintness and then redevelop. Full light if one wants (although obviously that would be a continuity error!).
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    With pot-ferri bleach! Just bleach it back to utmost faintness and then redevelop. Full light if one wants (although obviously that would be a continuity error!).
    The potassium ferricyanide for bleaching was the obvious part. But, my point was. . . knowing in advance that a "WOW moment" was approaching while taping, sounds somewhat contrived. At the moment the image appears do you throw your hands up in the air and yell . . . "It's alive! It's Alive!" ;-)
    Last edited by DannL; 06-14-2013 at 12:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you want to record stuff like this, rent a high quality HD camcorder that has low light capacity. Most shops that have rental gear can rent you something far better than what you might have on your own or could borrow from a friend.

I'm going to give this a shot as I have a high-end consumer HD camcorder (Canon Vixia HF-G10) that will record high quality video in as low as something like 0.1 lux. That "magic moment" is something that not a whole lot of young people into photography have experienced, and I think it's a strong selling point for analog. You just don't get that "wow" watching a print spool out of an inkjet printer. I'll post my results if it works, and respond in the negative if it doesn't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin