Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,112   Online: 860

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got LED safelights, and it's bright enough to shoot with my cellphone camera in the darkroom. If it's bright enough for cell phone shooting, any digital video system should work.

Cell phone snap:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	192597_4216164369726_1128412771_o.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	70280

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Other option: Develop and fix the print as normal, wash it, then use a ferricyanide bleach on it. Rewash, then redevelop while you take your video.
    This trick has been used many, many times in films and videos over the years. Very simple and effective. You don't really need a safelight per se just a red filter over the lens.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post
    hmmm, maybe talk to a friend who might enjoy watching it actually happen, and learn a thing or two, in exchange for documenting it.
    This.
    Find a friend with the latest $3000 dslr and a fast f/1.2-1.4 lens. Ask them to film the entire process, while you 'teach' the camera, but you're really teaching the guy behind the camera. If all goes well, at the end of the shoot you have another digital->film convert to swell our ranks. muahaha.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

with my cell phone cam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recorded once with my Nikon D90 with normal settings and exposure in automatic. I covered all the lights from camera.
    It was easy and worked just fine. It was possible to se the image comming up on the paper but it wasn't very clear to identify the image on the paper until I showed it again on normal light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin