Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,956   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Cost of Enlarger

Can someone give me an idea of what I should look for in purchasing an older used enlarger? I know very little so any info will be helpful!

Thanks -

Shooter
    Large Format
    Enlarger prices are all over the place. From free to overpriced. Keep your eyes open a month or 2 and you as likely as not to end up with a whole darkroom--more goodies than you can haul away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just bought a Beseler 45 MCXAG enlarger with color and black and white heads, several negative carriers, timer and color filters for $80.00.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ideally I'd like to be able to enlarge up to 6x6 - I do not need large format capabilities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    there was a besseler dichro enlarger in a box at a thrift store near here a bit ago, lens and all, took up to 6 by 7 -- seriously, if they have Craigslist or some other form of on-line free classifieds, start checking, you will see whole darkrooms going for as little as $100 ... put the word out -- a note on the bulletin board at church -- and wait, someone is likely to give you one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A max of 6x6 opens up a lot of possibilities; such as an Omega B22 or a Beseler 23c. As others have said, wait long enough and you'll find one for free. But if you do buy one, make sure it has the negative carriers you need. Otherwise, you'll end up spending a lot more for the carriers than for the enlarger.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    This is great news! I was expecting the cost to be much higher than say, 'free' - I imagine that it's easiest to buy a complete package with lenses and the enlarger?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nobody can say what you might be able to expect. This site and others are chock full of stories, including myself of; of hitting on a goldmine. It happens all the time. Keep an eye on dregslist especially. Keep your eyes open. One day sooner than later you're bound to make a haul Although most of these bargains are not known for ending up with great lenses, at least not for me. So I also keep my eye open on fleabay for Ektars, which are my favorite.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You can have this for free if you come to CT...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I picked up a Beseler 23C II with Nikkor 50mm lens, working bulb, spare bulb, red glass intact, 35mm carrier... just missing heat glass, filters, and the medium format carriers. That didn't stop me from using it right away, and even got a few good lucky enlargements without multigrade filters. I spent $50 on it. The first neg carrier I bought for it cost slightly more than the enlarger itself!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin