Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,228   Online: 1054

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Got some photo therapy today

Finally was able to print after being away from it for months. I've been processing film off and on, but nothing beats printing! Struggling with a tough neg and it hurt so good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maineco...ac/9542021548/
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been printing color lately; can't say as I've found it therapeutic. Maddening maybe.

In a good(?) way... it's always nice when a print comes out, isn't it?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been there. Color has it's joys and challenges. I hope you have negs with color cross over. Now that's aggravating.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing beats time in the darkroom. I spent yesterday printing with a friend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I developed couple of sheets last night, too late to go in and print them but will definitely set up a session tonight. I need to push myslef otherwise the other half will find all kinds of things to do for me - thanks to the OP for the motivational post .
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's what I did Friday night and Saturday morning. I feel very blessed to have my darkroom, and relish all opportunities I have to use it.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    ...nothing beats printing!
    Damn straight, Skippy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was able to get in some printing both Saturday and Sunday afternoons this past weekend, in my bathroom... er, darkroom I mean. I enjoy making exposures with a variety of cameras but I've come to realize that making photographic prints is the really fun part! Even in the case of printing sessions that end in some frustration, I feel that I learned something. And nothing else looks like a well-executed photograph.

And breathing in the fumes from various chemicals for hours on end is quite therapeutic, really it is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin