Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,821   Online: 1061

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Delta 400 is really beautiful in DD-X (EI 400-1600), Ing. Koblic's MPB (EI 250) and 510-Pyro (EI 200). It's my #1 one film.
    I hate X-TOL for its tonality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec View Post
    The issue with 400 is it needs Xtol or the two liquid developers from Ilford. I have dislikes with all. The previous version of 400 worked fine with D76. The current version is terrible unless you like hugh grain.

It is really nice film in Xtol or DD x, but I have had consistency problems with both. T Max 400 and my homemade D76 is my choice for 400 speed.
    Ronald,

It's difficult for me to follow your logic. What is it about Xtol, DD-X, and Ilfosol-3 that you dislike? What exactly happens when you use them together that you disapprove of, and why is it that Delta 400 needs those developers?

And what has happened to Delta 400 that makes it so grainy in D76?

Can you be a little bit more specific?

I agree Delta 400 is fairly grainy. I've used it with Rodinal in medium format, and the perceived sharpness is amazing. I like it for what it is, and could definitely live with it as my only film if it wasn't for me being so tuned to other films.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin