Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,283   Online: 772

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spotting?

Shooter
    35mm
    hmm thanks, I did a couple of prints last night - so I'll have a go with the spotone tonight....only two chances to get it right tho...here's hoping

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis
    hmm thanks, I did a couple of prints last night - so I'll have a go with the spotone tonight....only two chances to get it right tho...here's hoping
    Actually it will wash of if you goof, especially the RC. Rinse and dry as you normally would and try again. A drop of Photo flo in the water you use to dilute the Spotone does wonders to smooth the application.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A hint to matching the color of the surrounding area is to use the edge of a discard print for testing. Apply the dye and you can move the edge nearly on top of the place you are spotting. The brush should not be wet enough to leave a liquid drop of fluid anywhere. A nearly dry brush (I like using a #00) applied in a stippling manner will help make undetectable retouches.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you can see the spots on your RC papers try steaming the emulsion side gently over a kettle. This softens the emulsion and lets the dyes merge in more effectively. If they are still too apparent I polish the print surface with plain furniture polish. Yep, plain furniture polish! This only works with gloss or pearl print finishes. I got the idea from my father who has many old old prints that were polished as above and show no detrimental effects at all.

Wet the area with water before spotting. Spot and dry. RC and FB behave the same if you do this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin