Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,513   Online: 898

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Short Enlarging Times

I keep getting very short enlargimg times, always 3-4 seconds at F/11. Negatives look resonable. Other moving to F/16 is there anything I might have overlooked? Using a Beseler 23C with color head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's your print size?

Shooter
    35mm
    Right now 8 by 10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With colour head, you can dial in Cyan which will block some of the light but have no effect on the contrast.

Shooter
    35mm
    I will look at that. I almost wonder if the enlarger bulb isn't to bright.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never tried a Beseler, but my Kaiser semi-condenser unit with a 100w 12v halogen lamp would require longer times at given aperture and print size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    put a piece (or two) of this or another density in the light path:http://www.filmtools.com/31-lee-s210.html
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    Any of the suggestions already given will work but I can't help d feeling that at the print size and aperture you quote there is no way the correct exposure should be so short. So, yes, have a look at the bulb and if you can get a lower wattage then swap. This will avoid having to use " work arounds"

At 5x7 print size you'd be down to about 2 secs and even at 3-4 secs you cannot possibly do any dodging

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On a color head just add equal amounts of all three filters which is equivalent to a neutral density filter. For example 30Y+30M+30C.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cyan filter blocks red and the paper is insensitive to red; it looks dimmer to your eye but it should have no effect as far as the paper is concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin