Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,603   Online: 1100

Shooter
    4x5 Format

mixing boxes and register plates for an Ilford Multigrade 500 H Enlarger

We are a group that have made a community darkroom and acquired a wonderful Ilford Multigrade 500 H Enlarger and Control System but there are parts missing. Those are the three light mixing boxes and register plates. Does anyone have these parts or could tell us where we could buy them?

Our enlarger head is; Durst Laborator 1200.

The three light mixing boxes and register plates would be those for 4 x 5 inch film, 35 mm films and 6 x 7 cm or 6x9 cm films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't help you find these items but I do use the Ilford Multigrade 500 H head on my De Veres. In my experience, and it is all I use, the 4x5 mixing box covers the 6x9, 6x7, 6x6, 6x45 and 35mm formats. OK, it would be nice to have all the boxes and plates but in reality the 4x5 ones should suffice. My advice would be to locate the 4x5 ones first and collect the others as and when they present themselves. Unfortunately these items are now becoming hard to find and quite expensive.

Neil.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotografi Godsbanen View Post
    The three light mixing boxes and register plates would be those for 4 x 5 inch film, 35 mm films and 6 x 7 cm or 6x9 cm films.
    By "register plates", I assume you mean the masks that fit in the carrier such as: http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/FEMOMASK.php

As Neil has already pointed out, Femomasks are increasingly difficult to find, but do pop up from time to time on ebay. Your other alternative is to use a pair of glass inserts from someone like Focal Point Glass.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin