Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,586,001   Online: 820

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Drew, your next challenge, a combined woodworking, down comforter making, Sheetrock producing factory that also makes and develops film ... Hehe"

Lol. A little absurd humor to brighten a rainy day!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I will admit I now have a few advantages. I have separate room for color film and printing work than from processing, and even from typical
    black and white printing (fiber-based prints do produce lint). My drymounting room is also separate. But my picture frame equip and small cabinet shop area are in fact within the same building. The level of dust control gets better and better as I approach the inner sanctum.
    But I am a major Festool dealer, so even my woodshop is remarkably clean compared to the average. When I use my older traditional routers
    or sanders, I work on a bench outdoors.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I will admit I now have a few advantages. I have separate room for color film and printing work than from processing, and even from typical
    black and white printing (fiber-based prints do produce lint). My drymounting room is also separate. But my picture frame equip and small cabinet shop area are in fact within the same building. The level of dust control gets better and better as I approach the inner sanctum.
    But I am a major Festool dealer, so even my woodshop is remarkably clean compared to the average. When I use my older traditional routers
    or sanders, I work on a bench outdoors.
    A few advantages, including owning your own building and business... lol

Inner Sanctum hehe... who else is a member??
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Drew, you should really post some pictures of this darkroom of yours. I'd be very interested to see all this neat stuff.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There's nothing really glamorous-looking about my various darkrooms. Everything is pretty crammed in, including one very big enlarger (12ft tall), with a vac easel strong enough to stand on, and various other enlargers. It's all functional, but not spacious enough for anything like teaching. Gotta know your way thru the little passageways in the dark. I don't really have enough spare energy right now to aggressively pursue the
    business end of it. I feel luck just to find time to print once in awhile. Just trying to build up a little inventory again until I retire in a couple of
    years from my regular job pushing quality shop and construction gear.

3 micron water, hepa air filter. wash darkroom down, ceiling walls, shelving, paper boxes, enlargers clean and ground, floor, everywhere. If you have forced air heat, 8 mir air filter. If not, then filter over darkroom air intake.

Wear a lab coat that does not lint.

That will get 99% of it. You will not believe me, so start with wash down and air filter. Then do the rest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lab coat is a great idea! I didn't even think about how dusty street clothes, or even casual sweats to work in, actually get.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin