Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,776   Online: 1032

Shooter
    Multi Format

A Newbie question

Hello,
    I'm new to this enlarging. I've just got a VCP 3501 Color Enlarger and I wonder if I can enlarge BW graded papers ( grade 2 and 3). I know I need a white light or use multigrade papers but is it possible to get white light with color head? Or which setting should I use? Mine has Durst setting.
    Cheers,
    Thinh.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never owned a colour enlarger, but my memory, from decades ago, tells me that the colour filters can be dialled from 0 to 30 (or 100 or some other number). If C, Y, and M are all at 0, you've got white light, no?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, any filter setting with equal number filters is white. However, most colour enlargers I have seen have a switch/lever to switch the filters out of the light path anyway. For variable contrast this is helpful

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...8932591755.pdf

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Kyon,

Yes you can. As mr rusty noted above, your enlarger does, in fact, have a lever for removing the dichroic filters from the light path to give you white light.

Nice enlarger btw.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it's a Kaiser isn't it?
    Manual here in case you don't have one: http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/pdf.../4420_2_en.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you very much for all of your informations, I will try it later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    People,
    I got a Fujinon EP 75mm for my enlarger, but I can't remove whatever behind my lens. I have tried removed the 3 screws but it is still impossible to remove the thing. Do you guys have any idea?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20131130_13_30_08_Pro.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I have been doing it for years. Variable contrast paper is sensitive to blue OR blue and green. Magenta OR magenta and yellow filters are used the get the range of variable contrast. Each package of variable contrast papers has an instruction sheet with a table of several filter sets and how each contrast is obtained with the filters.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyon Thinh View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to this enlarging. I've just got a VCP 3501 Color Enlarger and I wonder if I can enlarge BW graded papers ( grade 2 and 3). I know I need a white light or use multigrade papers but is it possible to get white light with color head? Or which setting should I use? Mine has Durst setting.
    Cheers,
    Thinh.
    I agree that swinging the filters out of the light path being the best way to get white light from your enlarger. short of that, set all filter values to nil. if neither of these methods work, you need to get another light source for your enlarger. the good news is: they are available for a Kaiser.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin