Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,437   Online: 900

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just picked on Componon-S 80/5.6...

for Euro 60. I do not know whether I have paid too much for this lens. Right now, I have one unknown lens named Steinheil cassar with no aperture marking rather have numbers like 2,4,8...

Is Euro 60 too much for it?
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Agfa Isolette III: Amazingly simple, yet it produces outstanding negatives.
    Holga 120GFN: EV 11 or EV 12.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A great lens for 6x6 (and 35mm). It's worth that if it's in good shape. I suppose some will say they got it for less. Others probably bought it new for many times that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently bought a used Rodagon 80/5.6 for 28€, including shipping. The Rodagons are of the same class Componon-S are.

The glass is perfect and the only "fault" is that it had dust outside.

Most of the used photo equipment I've bought are in great condition and only need some cleaning to look better. There is some risk buying used lenses and cameras, but most times all these are undervalued and you can get great pieces in reall affordable prices.

To answer your question, it seems that 60€ may be about right for what you got. Of course, you could get it cheaper. My opinion is that next time you should wait for a better price. You can always get something really cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't fret over it. I have the 80mm F4 and it's great. I expect the 5.6 is the same. €60 is a huge saving on the cost of Componon-S new. Maybe you could find one a little cheaper, but if it is in good condition, it's a good price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a lens that is good enough for 16X enlargements, which is pretty large for medium format application.

Enjoy the lens and make lots of prints!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's wait and see how the next weekend will go with new lens...meanwhile I try to learn how to establish the E.I. Any help...
    Last edited by baachitraka; 11-25-2013 at 02:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Componon-S lenses are my favorite lenses for enlargements, have used them almost exclusively for 5 years now (practically the blink of an eye compared to some other members here, but still enough time to form a valid opinion on them I would think), on both a Chromega DII 4x5, a Beseler 45M, and a Saunders 4550XLG. In fact, the only other enlarging lenses I use are a 105mm Nikon EL for my 6x7 and 6x9 negs, and the Focotar 40/2.8 on my V35. I have both the 50/2.8, 80/4, and 80/5.6, with the 80/4 being the most frequently used for both 35mm and 6x6 negs. Great lenses.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin