Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,277   Online: 882

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by poppers View Post
    Attachment 77866

Here is a picture of the head. I wonder if I need to loosen the small screw in the knurled knob?
    Is there something inside the head that screws onto the assembly and holds it tight? If you take the bulb out, something around the base of it that unscrews?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Is there something inside the head that screws onto the assembly and holds it tight? If you take the bulb out, something around the base of it that unscrews?
    Not that I can see, it loosens enough to adjust the bulb centering but not enough to pull it through. There is a brass sleeve that screws in and hold s the bulb but that's it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by poppers View Post
    Not that I can see, it loosens enough to adjust the bulb centering but not enough to pull it through. There is a brass sleeve that screws in and hold s the bulb but that's it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Hmm ... maybe you could splice the old cable with the new cable and use heat shrinks and electrical tape. Then you don't have to remove the bulb assembly. That may be what I did. I wish I could remember.

Shooter
    35mm
    Minolta lenses are probably the most underestimated in existence. During the 70s they were (wrongly) considered somewhat inferior to the Nikons and Canons. Time proved that truism untrue. Leica chose Minolta to manufacture one for use in their CLE. And, by the way, Minolta was one of the few camera manufacturers who made its own glass. - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would be open to that idea if the wiring wasn't in such a bad condition. When testing there was a loud crack and a flash where the inline switch is situated. Closer inspection revealed the outer sleeve has deteriorated exposing the inner cables which shorted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a 15mm extension tube with my 50mm f2.8 El-Nikkor on a later model Valoy II. Don't believe the enlarger would focus properly without the extension.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    I use a 15mm extension tube with my 50mm f2.8 El-Nikkor on a later model Valoy II. Don't believe the enlarger would focus properly without the extension.
    The original Leica part was DOORX. That's the extension part and it can be found at reasonable prices if you don't have one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin