Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,587   Online: 1203

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    svs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, but how the story ended with the search for a 6x7 light mixing box?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm just using 35mm box for MF negatives. Just like my manual says:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	focomat.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	90363

svs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the answer. How do you rate the quality of this kit?

Shooter
    35mm

Which adaptor kit do you have?

As the snippet from the manual states, there are 2 types of adaptor kit. Mine sits directly on the negative holding stage; the lamp housing is discarded. The second type sits on the lower half of the lamp housing, so that light from the 500H passes through the condensers and then through the negative holder.
    So you need to specify which adaptor you have, else you may be talking at cross-purposes with each other. And although the dimensions of the boxes above the register plate will be the same in the 2 types, the drop from the dimples may be different.
    For the record, I print 35mm and MF with the same 6x7 box, but the 35mm box doesn't cover MF, and using the 35mm box for 35mm negs doesn't seem to convey any advantage.
    Richard

svs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am interested the second type: "I'm just using 35mm box for MF negatives".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrichard View Post
    (..)The second type sits on the lower half of the lamp housing, so that light from the 500H passes through the condensers and then through the negative holder.
    (...)
    Thanks Richard for explanation. I have 2nd type. And like manual says: "This adaptor kit is suplied with just one light mixing box which is suitable for all negative sizes, limited only by your enlarger" So I'm just using it with suplied light mixing box. For now I like it. However I didn't have any other enlargers to compare with. I also made only small prints so far.

svs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Vignetting around the edges is not observed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not for a such small formats. I'll try with a bigger prints in August so will let you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin