Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,508   Online: 1041

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    You may also want to think about using the Dual Filtration method indicated by your papers instruction sheet. This uses a mixture of M and Y and usually results in more even exposure times between the grades.
    Dual filtration does keep you closer on time but I found that it only kept me close enough to get a first test print.

With a little experience with one color filtration I got to where I knew roughly how much to change exposure after a grade change. With just one filter it is much easier to remember what is what and to look at the enlarger and understand where I am.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    The OP hasn't come back to tell us his next step. Maybe he has gone away to read a book I look forward to his doing as we suggest and reporting total success or at least a vast improvement.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just wanted to get back to all of you with my results. Special thanks to Mark Barendt who made a little light go on in my head. This morning I followed his advice and got terrific results. Another poster sent a private message giving me some great information on contrast filter adjustments for my enlarger. It was indeed a matter of making those adjustments and experimenting. I still have a lot to do, but it is headed in the right direction.

Just to make another comment. I have been shooting 35 mm film since around 1974. So, I am familiar with a lot, but still need to learn a lot. My foray into large format is exciting but a different animal. It is always good to read and take classes. In fact I have taken classes, watched videos and I have a very extensive library. All that is good. HOWEVER, it is always better to find a good and kind person to share their knowledge and experience. Books don't always convey things in an understandable way. Sometimes, just sometimes a nice person will be helpful and word things just right so others can understand. For those people I am always grateful and indebted. For others, well.....

Alexis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Glad to hear that Alexis. You are welcome.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin