Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,892   Online: 1205

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    The audience for this video would be mostly 18-year old high school graduates.
    Wow! I hadn't realised the "kids" might be 18. In any secondary school in the U.K.(about 11yr olds to 16 yr olds) this use of the word "kids" would have lost the audience at about 12 year old maximum. University students start at 18 and to all intents and purposes an 18 yr old is an adult in the U.K.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My mother still refers to 57 year old me as one of her "kids".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact that the video is not in color ...
    Quite right, thanks David. I should have got my brain into gear. I must have become too used to seeing moving picture films in colour on TV where the darkroom is always bathed in a red light.

I wonder how a darkroom was portrayed in the days when B&W films ruled the cinema. Difficult to get it to look right, I imagine

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin