Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,494   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 3p77pffEpYupg26BXciU View Post
    . Also depending on the aperture setting, the pool of light sometimes has a ring of brighter light at its edge, then dimmer light until the hard edge of the light projected through the negative carrier. Maybe these additional symptoms will be meaningful to someone...?

Thanks again,
    John.
    Yes, that is off axis light. There is frequently a black metal ring that is part of the uppermost lens group. It shines the light pretty brightly (as if it were a bright metal surface, even though it is black) on most of my older Componon-S lenses (and lenses of other brands to some extent). Just look up there (put you head down by the baseboard where the ring of light shines and look up into the lens) and you can see it. It is pretty obvious but not much to do about it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Yes, that is off axis light. There is frequently a black metal ring that is part of the uppermost lens group. It shines the light pretty brightly (as if it were a bright metal surface, even though it is black) on most of my older Componon-S lenses (and lenses of other brands to some extent). Just look up there (put you head down by the baseboard where the ring of light shines and look up into the lens) and you can see it. It is pretty obvious but not much to do about it.
    Thanks ic-racer, I think you're right. I'm hoping to find some way to flock (or similar) the interior so that this will no longer be a problem. My wife's work is such that we really need the enlarger to not have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    John, I'm not familiar with your enlarger, so I can't be much help. I could spend hours/days trying to crack the code for your pseudonym, but I know it would be time wasted.
    Yes, you really shouldn't bother - it is simply a random string - I use random strings for my usernames and passwords to lessen the chance of my accounts being compromised. (I'm a payment security professional by day.)

-=-=-

Thanks all for your help and suggestions,
    John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 3p77pffEpYupg26BXciU View Post
    Thanks ic-racer, I think you're right. I'm hoping to find some way to flock (or similar) the interior so that this will no longer be a problem. My wife's work is such that we really need the enlarger to not have this issue.
    Yes, this light is bright enough to fog paper if making big borders etc. You may just have to experiment with various lenses to find the best one. I have about 15 enlarger lenses. Seems the metal black bodied Componon-S lenses I have show brightest ring. The newer plastic bodied Componon-S lenses I just tested show the effect less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin