Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,941   Online: 1186

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The mask can offer as much flattening help as any open holder can give. I have never had a newton ring problem with any of the glass negative holders I have used, and they are good for lots of sizes. keep an eye out- they do show up sometimes as part of larger darkroom clean outs. I have picked up lots of what I use by being willing to take more than I need. I then pass it on to others who can use it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good point. I have done that, but no 4x5 glass carrier yet.

Problem is the orphan enlargers you end up with. I now have 2 enlargers in my darkroom (there's really only room for one) plus 3 in the attic over my garage. I even tried giving one (a B22) away, no takers. If you scrap them, you end up in analog hell after you die, so you can't do that either.

If I rescue yet another one, I may have to save the key parts (like heads, carriers, etc) and scrap the frame and baseboard. But that just seems to be such a waste. But perhaps it keeps an entire enlarger out of the trash.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin