Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,475   Posts: 1,570,986   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once you get the easel blades to be exactly where you want them, put a sheet of blank paper in the easel and trace the edges with a pencil.

The back of a print to be discarded works great.

Then label the result, and don't lose it.

You can then use that to re-set the easel each time.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I print the square on the rectangular paper, then trim off the unexposed portion of the paper when I mount the print on Mat board. The size and shape of the mat board will be dictated by the print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Though this is designed for cutting mats, the principles involved are the same. I ALWAYS use this guide for presenting prints whether just on paper, or in mats.

http://www.russellcottrell.com/photo/centering.htm
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks John, that's a great resource.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried the calculations in the link (I've seen the same one in Way Beyond Monochrome) for printing 14x14cm on a 18x24 cm paper, and it turned out that I've the same vertical alignment as the calculation recommends

I went for 14x14cm with the paper in a portrait orientation, and I like the results very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I print something like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397905357423.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	86470

Recently fotoimpex started to sell MCC 110 in 30x30cm and 40x40cm. May be this helps.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin