Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,815   Online: 1166

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Professional Darkrooms in Paris

Hi all.

Some of you may be familiar with my work documenting the remaining professional darkrooms in London (2006) - http://www.richardnicholson.com/projects/last-one-out/

Since then I've been documenting darkrooms in New York (2011), Tokyo (2013) and Berlin (2014). Next week I'm heading to Paris.

Can anyone add to this list of Paris darkrooms/labs put together by a friend in France? (I'm interested in both colour and B&W printing.)

These one look promising:

• La Chambre Noire (Guillaume Geneste / Guillaume Fleureau)
    • Atelier Demi-Teinte (Jean-Pierre Haie)
    • Foto 2 (Daniel Botti)
    • Processus (Marie-Laure Metge / Tom Escuriol)
    • Atelier Fenêtre sur Cour (Nathalie Lopparelli)
    • Central DUPON Images
    • L'Atelier Publimod
    • Picto

These ones I'm not sure about (perhaps no longer hand-printing):

• Roland Dufau
    • Arka Photo Lab
    • L'Atelier Label Image

How about HCB's printer? Voja Mitrovic? Has he retired?

Thanks

Richard N

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you cross-checked with the Ilford list? (although it may not distinguish between pro, community, and amateur)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi richard

i was going to say nathalie L ...
    but you already have her listed. ...
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I found Natalie L, not through my friend, but through a post you made previously here on APUG. When I went to the link you posted I recognised the video embedded there. I watched the film a while back, and bookmarked it (and then lost it!).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Have you cross-checked with the Ilford list? (although it may not distinguish between pro, community, and amateur)
    I had a look at the the Ilford list when it first came out. Back then it seemed to specifically exclude the darkrooms I'm interested in - professional darkrooms. I've been meaning to contact them to see if that could be changed - I've got quite a database of commercial labs/darkrooms around the world.

But I'll have another look. Although my emphasis is on commercial darkrooms, I've sometimes made exceptions and photographed photographer's darkrooms, rental darkrooms and college darkrooms. No amateur darkrooms yet, but there's a great 'darkroom portrait' thread here on APUG.
    Last edited by Richard_N; 06-25-2014 at 08:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_N View Post
    I found Natalie L, not through my friend, but through a post you made previously here on APUG. When I went to the link you posted I recognised the video embedded there. I watched the film a while back, and bookmarked it (and then lost it!).
    hi richard

i haven't been in touch with her in a while
    but here is her web address ( if you still haven't found it ... )
    and it looks like her contact information is correct ( at least her email ? )

http://www.laboratoire-tirages-argen...ation-eng.html

yeah that movie is amazing isn't it ?

good luck with the project !
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    35mm
    I think "Picto" has quit offering wet processes, but "Negatif Plus" does developing and enlarger printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Richard, this one perhaps: http://www.atelierchoi.com/en.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Stéphane Cormier (http://stephane-cormier.fr/fr/index.php) 7 rue Taylor 75010 Paris.
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Richard.
    Glad to hear the project is coming on, look forward to hearing about which labs you shot in Germany. I collaborated on a big digital bromide project with Picto earlier this year and pretty sure they are still printing by hand too. Will e mail you with more details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin