Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,741   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    After placing the anti newton glass on top and making a print you get newton rings then you have the glass upside down. Some anti newton glass is hard to be sure you have it right side up.
    Claire,
    Are you saying only one sheet of anti newton glass in required? On the top correct side up. And on the bottom what is used, clear glass or anti newton?

The AN glass goes on top only. The rings form between the base side of the neg and the smooth glass.

You maybe can fabracate a top glass carrier with no glass on the bottom. Lots of enlargers are made this way. I just installed a AN glass from a slide mount into the top of my 35mm Omega carrier. I left the bottom open.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec
    The AN glass goes on top only.
    BINGO!
    I just replaced the lower AN with the clear and immedieatly I can see a difference on the easel. The grain focuser works better also.

Thank you Ronald.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The anti newton glass is on top , you can use clear glass on bottom or as Roman says you can use a regular bottom carrier and glass on top.
    I think as the enlarger heats up the negative bows towards the heat. therefore glass on top is good.
    Personally I prefer glass on top AN and Regular bottom
    As well and I find this to be quite critical and will pass these gems of info free of charge to this community. Usually its$9.99 video at Kmart

when using glass carriers for mf printing or 35mm I have a strick set up proceedure as follows.

1. approx center the negative in glass carrier, emulsion down
    2. raise the enlarger height to the correct printing height
    3.In my case make sure proper condensor placement is in.
    4. put in the proper lens
    5. place the easal into position and take neg carrier out of enlarger
    6. turn on enlarger and position the easel dead center to the circle of light
    7. put glass carrier set up back into the enlarger.
    very important ladies and gents.
    8. make sure image is centered into the easal blades, if not move the NEGATIVE not the easel.
    9. when you are happy that the easel , lens , negative, condensors, and light are in a vertical path.(tape the negative to the bottom glass)
    10.Important step> I use black masking tape on the underside of the glass carrier to mask out the raw light going around the mf negative(some enlargers have swing in blades for this purpose)

I use a light table for set up, I have qtips handy , canned air, lens brush , anti static cloth , negative cleaner.
    Keeping the humidity down is good to control dust.

If I am not sure of the enlarger alignment I will check after everything is sized and correct if needed and then start printing.

Sorry for the long post but I think the above is critical for edge to edge sharpness and this is the technique I use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin