Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,800   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    It is not necessarily inevitable, even without masking, particularly since OP is after a fairly subtle effect. And since you brought up the Zone System, it might be worth pointing out Adams did plenty of this sort of burning, even after making thoughtful exposures. This common printing problem frequently has more to do with local contrast, or simply a desired effect, rather than exposure. You can't always Zone your way out of things. That's why we need to work on printing.
    Jesus, you made so much more out of my advice than was intended. None of what you say is accurate to the tenor of my post, which is to offer other possible pre-exposure solutions to the OP, one of which is thoughtful exposure, rather than parroting what has already been said. Like I said natural light photography isn't for wimps. I use the ZS and I do plenty of burning (and dodging). Ameliorate, look it up. Nothing like the mere mention of the ZS to bring the haters out.
    Last edited by ROL; 07-10-2014 at 02:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't hate you or the Zone System. Advice is fine, but you start out by telling the guy it's essentially a lost cause and lansdcape photography isn't for wimps? Without seeing the picture or the negative how do we know Zone System controls, filtration etc. would have helped? Maybe the guy did everything perfectly and he just wants a slightly darker sky. Yeesh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin