Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,968   Online: 740

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just sayin'... I'd love to see a Bob Carnie video, or work beside him for a week, and clear away many of my misconceptions of what constitutes good printing practices. Bob, do you do workshops?
    Anyway... seriously, Bob. Do a video.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well funny you ask

My new Lab on THE DANFORTH is a month away, I have made about 30 videos on printing , bleaching toning and also discussions on printmaking, Also
    included is a lot of footage of some of the shows I have done, A good friend has been videoing for over 10 years our events and about two years ago I asked
    him and his son to come in on Sundays, we have a beer together and I do various segments.

I was a speaker at CCOPE in May and I showed some of videos to the teachers from different schools across Canada... They loved them and want me to send copies to them so they can show their students... There is a real interest in all the major University's and Colleges in Canada.

I was afraid that the videos were going to be so amateurish and hokey I would be laughed out of the lecture hall.. Quite the opposite.

So it got me thinking, I am going to have a brand new website within the month , I should put on all the videos, so I have hired an editor to take the hours of tape
    and put it into short and long versions.

Its all about my style of printing from lith, solarization, split , digital negs for multiple register gum over pt pd an straight pt pd.
    So if you are patient with me I will be posting all of them in their original state, warts and all.. I have taken all the swearing and politically verbage out, well almost. I have left
    in sections that show my distain for the microwave crowd and their printing methods.

I am hoping they will be of interest to young and old printers and future printers.

QUOTE=Toffle;1671410]Just sayin'... I'd love to see a Bob Carnie video, or work beside him for a week, and clear away many of my misconceptions of what constitutes good printing practices. Bob, do you do workshops?
    Anyway... seriously, Bob. Do a video. [/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Well funny you ask

My new Lab on THE DANFORTH is a month away, I have made about 30 videos on printing , bleaching toning and also discussions on printmaking, Also
    included is a lot of footage of some of the shows I have done, A good friend has been videoing for over 10 years our events and about two years ago I asked
    him and his son to come in on Sundays, we have a beer together and I do various segments.

I was a speaker at CCOPE in May and I showed some of videos to the teachers from different schools across Canada... They loved them and want me to send copies to them so they can show their students... There is a real interest in all the major University's and Colleges in Canada.

I was afraid that the videos were going to be so amateurish and hokey I would be laughed out of the lecture hall.. Quite the opposite.

So it got me thinking, I am going to have a brand new website within the month , I should put on all the videos, so I have hired an editor to take the hours of tape
    and put it into short and long versions.

Its all about my style of printing from lith, solarization, split , digital negs for multiple register gum over pt pd an straight pt pd.
    So if you are patient with me I will be posting all of them in their original state, warts and all.. I have taken all the swearing and politically verbage out, well almost. I have left
    in sections that show my distain for the microwave crowd and their printing methods.

I am hoping they will be of interest to young and old printers and future printers.
    Great news, Bob! I wish you best of luck in the new location.

Next question... do you take 58 year old apprentices?

I hope you make it out to Photostock again in the next few years. The event has really grown in size and substance. It would be great to see you again.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry , maybe answered too soon, if you do not refix the bleach will continue on. Ian and some of the chemist's can give you the best answer .
    This very much depends on the type of "bleach" used. Most reducers do not need fixing after application.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Btw, anyone recognise the enlarger in the OP video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp9zcdu5DR4
    @ 0:34

The carriage looks exatctly as that of a Omega D-5.
    Though the lens would be missing and the bellows must have been compressed to the most.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    . . .

As both a young and an old printer I'm definitely interested!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Which reducers do not require fixing ? as I use potassium ferri for bleaching and have always fixed, When I send my prints out for retouching they always have to
    be refixed, it would be nice to work without the stage of fixing after bleaching as this adds hours of extra care post normal printing.

One of my staff years ago loved on his personal work would use part A of the Kokak sepia Kit and would not refix , this caused him issues down the road.
    I believe Part A is potassium ferri and potassium bromide combined.

This old dog would certainly like to learn this new trick.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I will be announcing the web site here in the next month , if you sign on at my site now you will get all the upcoming propaganda .

Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    As both a young and an old printer I'm definitely interested!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a 10% Potassium Ferricyanide + Potassium Bromide Rehalogenating bleach to brighten highlights. I always re-fix afterward. The advantage of this type of bleach is that, if you go too far (which I so often do!), you can pop the print back in the developer and watch your image magically reappear.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will be announcing the web site here in the next month , if you sign on at my site now you will get all the upcoming propaganda .
    Oooh, I'm highly susceptible to propaganda! Which site of yours offers the best assortment?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin