Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,453   Online: 993

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Which reducers do not require fixing ? as I use potassium ferri for bleaching and have always fixed,...
    Farmers reducer for instance turns metallic silver into unsoluable silver-ferrocyanide
    This again is turned into soluable sodium-silver-thiosulfate by the hypo making part of the Farmer reducer.

The question remains though how long it takes for the second reaction to complete. Using Farmer reducer for spotting with immediate rinsing may not be the best idea when no fixing is to follow.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just wait there will be more propaganda..I think the new one. I think it will be named www.bobcarnieprintmaking.ca and this is the site I am loading up all the info and videos on.

My new location , has been picked very carefully. Its right in the area I was born, both sides of my Grandparents, immigrated to Toronto from Wales and Scotland, and settled within blocks of the shop, I feel its like a home coming and I do not plan to make another commercial darkroom so I am in for the long haul, I am making the sinks very low as not only am I shrinking at an alarming rate, I hope to keep printing in some sort of way till the depends will not hold up any more.
    I have chosen a site on the main subway line in Toronto so that any visitor can easily get to us , easily and we want this to be a photo hangout, open 7days a week, much like the labs of the 80's where I earned my spurs.

The videos are open to anyone to use , there may be inaccuracy's I am sure there are many who will point out the mistakes, but in general what you will see is a working lab that concentrates on film and all the wonderful hybrid applications. We will also be hosting 12 exhibitions in The Dylan Ellis Gallery and this space is available for our personal client shows and as well open for properly curated shows from all points.

see get me going and the propaganda starts flowing, come to Canada some day and check us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    Oooh, I'm highly susceptible to propaganda! Which site of yours offers the best assortment?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Firstly, Todd, apologies for derailing your thread a tad here.

Secondly, Bob, that all sounds wonderful - particularly the low benches. I don't have far to fall over either, so I'm always appreciative of not having to stretch up on tippytoes to see over counters and such I can also seriously appreciate the appeal of a location so imbued with personal history for you. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for your fifth web site's debut!
    As to video inaccuracies - so many of us have been getting our gospel off the internet all too often... do you think we'd notice?? :-p Besides, I need a few more bad habits; I'm getting boring in a hurry here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can't wait to see the new space, Bob. Having it on a subway line will be especially convenient. Very exciting!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin