Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,055   Posts: 1,561,363   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Multi Format

Connecting Ilford darkroom safelights to Ilford Multirgrade 500 power suply (500s)

I would like to connect my Ilford darkroom safelights - SL1 or DL10 (have both) to Ilford Multirgrade 500 power suply (500s). My safelights have a standard 220V plug (+/-) but the power suply have a different plug, pictured below. I googled for it but found nothing. Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	safelight.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	91259

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

this looks like British standard power plug. For laptops you have often those adapters for different countries.

Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Darko, in the beggining I was thinking the same but I checked my iron, it's from the UK, it's quite similar but a little different:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	safelight_2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	91270

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think you will find that that connector (a Bulgin PX0770) is obsolete and unobtainable. Not all is lost however.

If you look at a standard I.E.C. power lead as used on computers, I think you'll find the pin spacing is the same - If it is, cut the shroud away from the pins on a male connector. Alternatively, if you are mechanically/electrically inclined, replace the socket with a modern I.E.C. fitting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks so much, Paul!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Try contacting Second Hand Darkroom in the UK.

www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk | +44 (0)1993 878323

A friend of mine in the UK got a connector for his safelight from them a few months ago. I think he had to cut one end a bit to reveal the pins but, as far as I am aware, it works.

Bests,

David
    www.dsallen.de

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin