Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,905   Posts: 1,555,853   Online: 924

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I almost always dodge the eyes on a portrait because I want them to stand out, but I suppose that you could carefully burn. You could make a print, and then cut out the eyes to make a mask, then burn through the mask.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I almost always dodge the eyes on a portrait because I want them to stand out, but I suppose that you could carefully burn. You could make a print, and then cut out the eyes to make a mask, then burn through the mask.
    If you did not dodged them enough - I learned recently that you can slightly make them lighter (and more pop uout) with very diluted potassium ferricyanide.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think that is what was done here.. not to mention exposure development of the negative to record mostly the high end and drop the shadow end.. The lighting also helps.

If you drag this image into PS you can brighten the image to actually see the eyes, that is why I do not think ink was applied to the print.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    Personally I do not like those portraits without eyes!
    For me the eyes are the mirror of the soul, so to speak.
    The exhibition is called Masks. Masks are what the eyes betray, so take away the eyes to reveal the mask at work. In this case the mask is revealed without the presence of the peepers that give it away, so a mask hiding in plain sight. There it is, a mask purporting to be just that, a mask. Only it draws us into the human behind it and a longing to see the soul.

I like it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Me too.

Is this work current , because I have seen this before and it could be the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    The exhibition is called Masks. Masks are what the eyes betray, so take away the eyes to reveal the mask at work. In this case the mask is revealed without the presence of the peepers that give it away, so a mask hiding in plain sight. There it is, a mask purporting to be just that, a mask. Only it draws us into the human behind it and a longing to see the soul.

I like it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Me too.

Is this work current , because I have seen this before and it could be the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post

I like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everybody for the coments.
    Henry.

http://onlyoldphotography.tumblr.com...n-the-abbey-de

If you can do one without a face and everyone knows who it is, a missing eye should be a piece of cake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin