Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,466   Posts: 1,570,720   Online: 1039

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by muju View Post
    Thanks you all guys.
    Agree with Darko, it's a matter of taste.
    That book has been very well-received last year by critics and audience, but of course the aesthetics of the prints it's just a part of its merit, the rest being the coherence and sense of intimacy arising image after image, in my opinion.
    I was just curious about the technique behind and wanted to hear the opinion of someone with more darkroom experience than myself...I've just started, so I'm not looking to try unusual stuff right now, I'm still learning the basics.
    Are you sure those are even silver prints? I didn't see any mention on the site. Most of the latest digital printing processes have longer scales than a silver print. (Sorry if that offends anyone...)

Quite often I find that the repro process adds just a bit more pop and contrast than is inherent in the original, especially when viewing on a monitor vs a print.

I'd also say that the project is very typical of the now-popular cerebral, autobiographical style of photography, which upon viewing is something like meeting a man who isn't very interesting or accomplished and having him tell you his life story.
    Last edited by ParkerSmithPhoto; 07-28-2014 at 11:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by muju View Post
    Hi guys,

I'd like to know your experienced opinion about this work: specifically, how do you think these tones can be achieved in the darkroom when printing?

http://www.danielreuter.net/History-of-the-Visit

Thanks in advance!

muju
    there's a rumor that Ansel Adams knew of an 11th zone that he didn't tell anyone about, sneaky bastid....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hehe
    didn't he also find the lost chord? Or was that jimmy durante?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin