Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,277   Online: 823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What I'd love to see this evolve to over time is a full enlarging simulator. I'd like to be able to try various exposure strategies, dodging, burning, split contrast, etc.

I'd like to be able to make a mask or tool, position it in 3 space, perhaps specify a range of random motion to blur edges, set filters and exposures, and have the program "develop" the print to show me the final result, based on at least paper choices (if not development processes...)

That's not asking too much, is it? And yes, if it were in the ballpark of accurate, I'd pay for it.

-chuck

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Delphi I love delphi!

Open source could be cool...

Shooter
    127 Format
    On a related note...

Any contact printers (non-alternative) out there running Linux or BSD interested in trying something? (It should run on windows too, but I prefer to develop under unix).

I started work on some prototype software, and it could to with a first test. If you've got a laptop setup in the dark room, even better, as this is the hurdle thats stopped me testing it properly.

PM or email me if you're interested.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin