Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,241   Online: 1012

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may be able to slightly reduce the density of the Sharpie marks with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab. My experience, however, is that *at best* this will only very slightly reduce the marker.

Worth a try if you'll have to remake the mask anyway if you can't remove it, is to get "non-chlorinated brake cleaner spray" at the local parts store. It's made to remove oil from brake drums so the brake shoes don't grab and slip randomly, but it will take permanent marker off steel, paint (though it can also lift the paint), and some plastics. What it would do to gelatin I can't say -- but if the alternative is remaking the mask, it's worth a try. PLEASE use it outdoors -- your liver and kidneys will thank you!
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    Should we change this thread to - Just Ask Donald?

(Part B to the question above).

Once having used the Sanford Super Sharpie permanent marker to opaque an area, how do you take it off if you change your mind? There is a small distracting bit of over exposed, pure white foilage that I opaqued on my 'burning in mask' that I now want to un-opaque so I can give the foilage some density in the print. Is it possible? What should I use? Do I have to make a new mask? The Sanford site has no information on this.

Murray

Hey,
    PEC 12 will cleanly remove marks made by a sharpie without ruining a C print. Perhaps it would work in this case too.
    Celac.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey,
    Thanks!

Murray

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin