Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,295   Online: 924

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beseler 45mx

Shooter
    Large Format
    OK, I have an opportunity for a CB7. Does anyone think that I will like it dramatically more than my D2? I'm not sure if my Zone VI coldlight will work with it, but if not, I will use it to replace my 23C condensor for 35 and 6x6/6x7.

Do it. yes a CB-7 is dramatically better that any Omega D series. Also for the people worried about the alignment issues of the Beseler 45m series, if you get an MXT it isn't an issue. They are easily aligned. The 45M's before this one I'll agree were a PITA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom:

I too have a 45MX; I used to work with an Omega 4x5 Dichroic (don't remember which model) when I worked in a lab, and that convinced me to look to Beseler. I removed the baseboard and mounted it on a wall in my darkroom (concrete block), to allow greater enlargements with longer focal length lenses. I.e., I commonly used a 75mm or 80mm lens for 35mm negatives, a 105mm for 6x6 negatives, etc. I did this to take advantage of the better coverage of the longer lenses. So, I could project to the floor or a flat surface that I had rigged on slots, much like movable shelves in a refrigerator.

The thing is built like a tank, and though I haven't used it in years, I have no doubt that if I were to reinstall it and calibrate it, it would just keep working.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "The thing is built like a tank, and though I haven't used it in years, I have no doubt that if I were to reinstall it and calibrate it, it would just keep working."

Earl, why don't you use your 45MX anymore ??? I can't imagine that you've found something better...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin