Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,989   Online: 1111

Shooter
    4x5 Format

beseler 810 conversion lamp color

Hey all,

Does anyone here know what the lamp color is on the official beseler 8x10 conversion kit for the 45mxt enlargers?

Is it balanced properly for use with VC papers?

I know that it is a series of ( four I believe ) separate U shaped tubes, as opposed to the continuous tube in normal Aristo coldlights. I couldn't find a reference for it on either the beseler or Aristo pages.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

Images
    I have an older, original, model and it is Aristo.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

color temp

I just found some literature that spec's the lamps as being
    3500 degrees K.

So, now the question is, how will this work with VC paper. I know
    that standard tungsten is 3200 k, and that daylight is somewhere around 5600 k.

What sort of light source does Kodak ( or any of the others ) base use of their filters on?

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You will probably need to use a grade lower VC filter than the image normally calls for to get the correct grade. I understand theres a correction filter you can put in that will bring the color temp down to 3200k but if you calibrate for the conditions you should do fine.
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin