Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,671   Online: 761

Shooter
    35mm RF

dunco or kaiser easel ?

Hello,

I want a easel for the rest of my life and i've heard that saunder's are not really easy to use with 12x16" sheet of paper.
    So i've to choose between two european easel : The Dunco 90/4 and the Kaiser Promask. I know that the kaiser is a renamed version of the old 4 blades leitz easel so it's a sign of quality but i've heard good things from dunco easels too...

Could you help me to find the best ?
    Because i can't touch any of them in a local store :-(

thanks a lot !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Dunco 90/4 is my everyday easel. Can't find any fault with it. Solid build. You can adjust every blade if need be. They also come with 4 small ruler-like magnetic strips, which are very handy when you want to create a black border (not a black keyline) around your image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I 'm using the 90/5 Dunco (40X50 cm) . It's OK. If you want 100% rectangular corners you have to go for a fix system like Versamask. Also easier for the smaller formats.
    We are selling both products for the Netherlands, so our opinion is maybe slightly influenced.

Another option for you on 30X40 cm Dunco is the already mentioned 90/4 or the 88/4. Last one will be around Eur. 300,00.

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In conclusion i've bought a old and wonderful 2-blades Leitz easel 30x40cm with the wooden base.
    It's a masterpiece !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin