Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,249   Online: 758

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    experiment a little bit.

don't forget to enjoy yourself

-john

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!

Seriously, think about dumping the glass. It works fine for contacts as there is no image passing through the glass - just the light. Putting the glass between the negative and the paper has several effects. It will distort the image, it gives two more surfaces to pick up dust and it will shift the focus (by approx half the thickness of the glass IIRC). The easel will hold the paper flat enough. If it's really bendy, you can just bend it back on itself a little to relax it. I've never heard of anyone using a sheet of glass in that way... (watch 'em all pop up now! )...

Cheers, Bob.

Bob,

As someone else mentioned it: young eyes! And, certainly, if you want to forward me the money for a four-bladed easel...

In any case, it's worked fine so far (I see no noticable difference between my various methods). And after all, isn't it looking just good enough to flame your ego what really matters?

-Nate
    Nate Davis

Images
    I just ran across a marble cutting board that someone gave me as a gift several years ago. It was a lousy cutting board because it dulled the knives quickly but it is a jim dandy weight for pressing prints after they come out of the dry mounting press. It's perfectly flat and heavy and will be easy to handle once I put some handles on the back. Beats the heck out of the big coffee table book that I have been using.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I just ran across a marble cutting board that someone gave me as a gift several years ago. It was a lousy cutting board because it dulled the knives quickly but it is a jim dandy weight for pressing prints after they come out of the dry mounting press. It's perfectly flat and heavy and will be easy to handle once I put some handles on the back. Beats the heck out of the big coffee table book that I have been using.
    I suspect it was really for making candy on, but I believe you're on the right track with it now.
    Gary Beasley

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin