Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,320   Posts: 1,536,849   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got back from Houston with the 'new' 138s.
    The good news: it's in good shape overall and the price was definitely right.
    The bad news: it has only 2 #130's and 1 #85 condenser, so no LF for a while.
    Actually, I have time since the darkroom isn't built yet anyway.

It also came with Nega 138, Ladane 138, and a Setoneg negative carrier.
    I've ordered a reprint manual and a 1957 book on Durst enlargers so that will help me ID everything.

Thanks for the help, I was able to take out the bulb & mirror, and break it down with no problems.

So, if anyone comes across a great deal on the 160, 200, and 240 condensors ... or any other parts not listed above let me know - right now I'm off to buy wood to frame up the darkroom!

Nathan

PS - John: keep me up to date on your 138s project, thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've handled a 138s, it was awesome. Good luck!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmith01tx

Nathan

Will do. Happy building. Put in four times as many electrical outlets as you need. It only took me a year to run out of what I thought was two times as many as I needed.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just got back from Houston with the 'new' 138s.
    The good news: it's in good shape overall and the price was definitely right.
    The bad news: it has only 2 #130's and 1 #85 condenser, so no LF for a while.
    Actually, I have time since the darkroom isn't built yet anyway.

It also came with Nega 138, Ladane 138, and a Setoneg negative carrier.
    I've ordered a reprint manual and a 1957 book on Durst enlargers so that will help me ID everything.

Thanks for the help, I was able to take out the bulb & mirror, and break it down with no problems.

So, if anyone comes across a great deal on the 160, 200, and 240 condensors ... or any other parts not listed above let me know - right now I'm off to buy wood to frame up the darkroom!

Nathan

Hi !
    I had luck finding "rare" Durst Laborator 1000 items from a Canadian which bought a huge new old stock of spares of that era...
    Try http://www.stonemills.net and look at "inventory lists "on the left.
    Prices could be a bit high... But it is new stuff !

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesGiralt
    Hi !
    I had luck finding "rare" Durst Laborator 1000 items from a Canadian which bought a huge new old stock of spares of that era...
    Try http://www.stonemills.net and look at "inventory lists "on the left.
    Prices could be a bit high... But it is new stuff !

Thank you. That could be very useful down the line.

John Powers

Shooter
    35mm
    I have seen the condensers for sale on ebay quite often.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Nathan

Here is an additional web site to check to get some information on the 138. It has good descriptions and some history on the enlarger as well as giving you some idea on how it all goes together. I think you will find the prices a bit high for some of the parts though.

http://www.glennview.com/durst.htm

Stonemills.et is a good source for parts for most of the Durst enlargers and processors. They also have copies of the 138 operating instructions and service manual. There is also a previous thread on this site from a month ago about the NEGA 138 and the LAPFE inserts for the various film formats. The LADANE 138 inserts into the NEGA 138 to allow you to print roll film from 35mm to 120. As you know by now this enlarger is built like a tank. It is an exceptionally stable piece of equipment. One piece of advice though is not to try and adjust the tensioning springs on either half of the enlarger without the proper instructions or tools.

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesGiralt
    Try http://www.stonemills.net and look at "inventory lists "on the left. Prices could be a bit high... But it is new stuff!
    Thanks, I did that and Bob sent me the lists straight away. Pretty extensive inventory of a lot of the little bits that must be pretty hard to find anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by gordrob
    Here is an additional web site to check to get some information on the 138. It has good descriptions and some history on the enlarger as well as giving you some idea on how it all goes together. I think you will find the prices a bit high for some of the parts though.
    http://www.glennview.com/durst.htm
    Checked it out, great info - but you weren't kidding about the prices!

Quote Originally Posted by gordrob
    The LADANE 138 inserts into the NEGA 138 to allow you to print roll film from 35mm to 120. As you know by now this enlarger is built like a tank. It is an exceptionally stable piece of equipment. One piece of advice though is not to try and adjust the tensioning springs on either half of the enlarger without the proper instructions or tools.
    Ok, now it makes sense - I kept looking at that wondering how that works. Thanks Gord. I'm dyin' to get this cleaned up and going, but fortunately for my checkbook I have some time to wait for good prices on the required condensers and such while I get the darkroom built.
    I knew the Durst was a great machine before I saw one in person, but I'm amazed at the quality (and size!) of the beast. They were clearly not intended for the amateur photo market.

Nathan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'm amazed at the quality (and size!) of the beast. They were clearly not intended for the amateur photo market.

Nathan
    Nathan,

That is the small portable one. Look at the next size up, the 8x10 in this auction that I was considering. Durst L184 8x10, 10x10 Enlarger with Dichroic Head (eBay) Item number: 7516404820 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...516404820&rd=1

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    That is the small portable one. Look at the next size up, the 8x10 in this auction that I was considering. Durst L184 8x10, 10x10 Enlarger with Dichroic Head (eBay) Item number: 7516404820 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...516404820&rd=1
    Woohoo! That's the Monster Truck of enlargers!
    What? WAS considering? Come on man, you NEED it!

Nathan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin