Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,395   Online: 1137

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wollensak 138 mm CHEAP

Surplus Shed posted Wollensak Raptar coated 138mm f/4.5 lenses at $ 35 today. I do not need one, but this sounds like a real bargain for use on a 4x5 enlarger. Their service has always been very prompt and accurate on my orders.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT][SIZE=7][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Wally`s are not of consistent good quality. Save the $38.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last Wollensak copy lens I bought from him (a 215mm, I believe) had a rear element that looked like it'd been cleaned with steel wool. I didn't much care because I just wanted the iris and the thing cost me $10...but if you're going to lay out $38 it's probably worth asking what condition the lens is in. Make sure to ask about the specific example you'll be sent.

I should probably specify: I'm a bottom-feeder when it comes to LF stuff. I own a few great, modern lenses in fabulous shutters, but most of my lenses are process lenses or strange 2nd hand stuff that I've picked up for a song. In the latter category, I'd consider $38 to be too much to pay unless I was sure of what I was getting.

I've picked up some great stuff from SurplusShed...but always stuff I wanted to play with. If I wanted something for serious use, I'd ask serious questions before buying. It's a great resource to have available, but use it for what it is...access to used stuff or exotic stuff that's hard to use. (Not that that's always a bad thing!)

Just my two cents.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin