Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,920   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hocus focus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Quite right if they don't want to go against their contract with Jobo by selling in the US.

However if you order from Nova direct the point of sale is here in the UK, not the US. So they aren't being truthful, as that would not be a case of selling in the US.

I'd be happy to buy & ship for you, insured postage would be around $4. Cheaper per item if I sent more in the same package.

Ian
    Thanks for the offer Ian. I'll let you know what they tell me. I forwarded them an email from someone at Jobo to me stating that they don't sell it any longer, but I have not received a reply back yet. I'm guessing they are closed down for the night.

I'll pm you if they won't ship the two I ordered to me.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anyone is counting, include me as highly interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will S PM'ed me and asked if I'd make a call to Firstcall, which I've just done.

They will quite happily supply you all direct from the UK,

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was interested in this item also. So I both PM'd Will and then started to track the thing down. I will go with Will on his order, but this is the email I received this morning which should help others who are interested.

Agnes,

Thanks for your enquiry. We are able to supply these units to your photographers based on the the UK-made Hocus Focus.
    The price would be £25 delivered. (US$ 45 approx).

Please let me know if this is of interest to you.
    Kind regards.

Rodney Bates
    Sales Director

Firstcall Photographic Limited
    Bringing Home The Magic Of Photography

www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk

Contact Telephone Number: 01823 413007
    Open 8.30 a.m. - 6.30 p.m. Monday to Friday BST

My only problem with the above is that it is nearly 10 pounds to send the thing which looks to not weigh much at all. the 10 pounds would be more like $18. Seems that is awfully high for such a small and seemingly lightweight thing. I guess it depends on how much you want it.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I've sent two enlarger lenses to the US in recent months I know the true costs for insured postage and you're right. Does seem rather high. and I was quite surprised when they told me.

Unfortunately retailers here do seem to like to make a good mark up on package & postage.

I did check my German Fotoimpex catalogue and the only similar alternative is a Kaiser Focus Magnifier at $33, but a far more substantial piece of equipment, and probably better.

Here's a details on another UK site:
    http://www.silverprint.co.uk/dark31.html#kaiserfocus

Ian

[Quote]My only problem with the above is that it is nearly 10 pounds to send the thing which looks to not weigh much at all. the 10 pounds would be more like $18. Seems that is awfully high for such a small and seemingly lightweight thing. I guess it depends on how much you want it.[Quote]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Agnes,

Thanks for your enquiry. We are able to supply these units to your photographers based on the the UK-made Hocus Focus.
    The price would be £25 delivered. (US$ 45 approx).

Please let me know if this is of interest to you.
    Kind regards.

Rodney Bates
    Sales Director

Firstcall Photographic Limited
    Bringing Home The Magic Of Photography

My only problem with the above is that it is nearly 10 pounds to send the thing which looks to not weigh much at all. the 10 pounds would be more like $18. Seems that is awfully high for such a small and seemingly lightweight thing. I guess it depends on how much you want it.
    I talked to JOBO... they habe zero in stock and are not supporting the product. Translation... no go. We need to get them from England/ NOVA that is also willing to ship to us at the same cost of 17GBP pre unit plus shipping.

Yes, for 10GBP, they are including some form of handling charge. The way to beat this is to order a bunch, then the handling charge goes to next to nothing. I am doing the RH Designs buy, so that is enough for me... someone else want to offer to buy these things and distribute in the US?
    Frank Filippone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank F
    I talked to JOBO... they habe zero in stock and are not supporting the product. Translation... no go. We need to get them from England/ NOVA that is also willing to ship to us at the same cost of 17GBP pre unit plus shipping.

Yes, for 10GBP, they are including some form of handling charge. The way to beat this is to order a bunch, then the handling charge goes to next to nothing. I am doing the RH Designs buy, so that is enough for me... someone else want to offer to buy these things and distribute in the US?
    I ordered 4 and they are already spoken for. If I get them that is. I haven't heard back about my order yet. Hopefully there will only be a 10 bps charge for shipping all 4, but I may be too hopeful there....

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Make sure about VAT

As an export they can't charge you our EU VAT (value added tax) which is included in the price and is also added to the postage/shipping.

Exports are VAT free, the prices they quoted included the 17.5% VAT

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you fill in the online ordering form, it asks if you are outside the EU and deducts the VAT automatically. Their terms and conditions also state that they only charge postage at cost for overseas orders.

Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This would be a little more that 23USD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin