Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,488   Posts: 1,571,321   Online: 868

Shooter
    127 Format

B22 halogen light source?

I was wondering if anyone has ever converted an Omega B22 (or any other
    enlarger for that matter) to use halogen light bulbs. The original is a 75 watt
    incandescent, and is pretty dim, especially when the head is at the top of the (XL) column. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a cold head for the B-22, and also a Dichoric Color head. I have a B-22 that I use for 35mm Enlargement times have always been about the same as my d-II do you have the correct bulb?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaustin
    ...do you have the correct bulb?
    And/or all the right condensers? There is a supplimental for 35mm.

David

Shooter
    127 Format
    Well, I think I have the right condensers. There are two, and they are positioned with the rounded surfaces facing each other. Is this the correct position? Also, is the 35mm supplemental a THIRD condenser (which I don't have, BTW?) I am primarily interested in enlarging 645 negs.
    Thanks for your replies.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Sorry, I also have the correct ORIGINAL bulb; I have replacement coming from Freestyle, do you think this might make a difference?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thetimedissolver
    Well, I think I have the right condensers. There are two, and they are positioned with the rounded surfaces facing each other. Is this the correct position? Also, is the 35mm supplemental a THIRD condenser (which I don't have, BTW?) I am primarily interested in enlarging 645 negs.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Yes there is a third condenser for 35mm. Not totally necessaryfor 35mm, and absolutely not used for medium format. If you have the 2 main condensers and the right bulb, everything should work properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you do want the third try www.classic-enlargers.com He has the supplimentry condenser you need. Although as cheap as enlargers are going you might be able to purchase another complete B-22. They are great little enlargers, I really enjoy mine.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Thanks David and joseph. You really helped me - IN the course of checking the alignment of my B22, I discovered that the top condenser was tilted ata 45 degree angle, and not performing as designed. I put it back into thelightbox correctly, and it made a tremendous difference. Now the image is nice and bright.
    Thank you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin