Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,806   Posts: 1,581,392   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elwood 5x7?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.servicelighting.com/catal...ght-bulb-15925

That's the sort of bulb that I'm hoping to use. It's not much/any cheaper then a PH213 but it's longer life. I think it's the right size. Colour temp is maybe a touch warm.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nick that might work

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I should be able to find it locally. I hope-)

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would be interested in hearing if you can find it locally as it could sub for a 213 I am using in a Durst 138

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last year when I thought I had a line on an Elwood 8x10 I spent some time with the yellow pages. I remember finding mogul bulbs fairly easily. At least that's what I remember. Industrial lighting places IIRC. The bulbs are still in use.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks John. It takes a PS30 bulb not the PS35 I thought. A little cheaper then-)))

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Thanks John. It takes a PS30 bulb not the PS35 I thought. A little cheaper then-)))
    You're very welcome Nick. If you'd like to host the file on your website, please feel free. I'm quite happy to see anyone who needs it be able to get their (virtual) hands on it.

The reason that I went with a PH213 was partially because of the size. Going to the larger type of bulb would have required rebasing and the socket in mine is in nice shape as is the wiring, footswitch etc.
    I tried some lower powered bulbs, even some of the PS30 style bulbs, but was unable to find any with the correct type of heavy white frosting. The ones I was able to get left the pictures "muddy" and needed a much longer exposure time compared to the PH213

The fellow who supplies my PH213 bulbs is a "Buchanan" of Buchanan lighting and is very interested in solving problems of this type. He suggested a halogen bulb in a medium base as having a temperature closer to the original. I didn't know then how high in Kelvin I could go, but it appears that upwards of 3500K won't hurt anything and possibly as much as 4000K will work.

If anyone needs bulbs and can't get the PH213's, I'll be happy to buy and ship to you at my cost.

cheers eh?

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks so much for the manual!

I wonder if I can stll get my reflector re silvered for 5.75!

Printed it out...looks good...is the exact model I have in a dis assembled state!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John the 213 is still common. Even Henry's has it in stock at all thier stores. Or at least most of them.

If you're using graded paper you can go all blue with the bulb. With VC you need some green. The bulbs I'm buying to rig up the 8x10 enlarger are 5000K. I figure they'll be faster and run cooler then using a normal 3000K bulb. The problem is they can only be mounted straight up and don't like being inclosed. The reason for the PS30 is it places the bulb in the right spot.

Do you have the diffusion glass in place? It looks like the last owner of the enlarger I'm getting was using a clear bulb. The base on the PS30 is still a medium base I think. It's just the bulb is bigger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin