Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,593   Online: 1119

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elwood 5x7?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have an Elwood 5x7 as my one and only enlarger. I primarily do 4x5 sheetfilm, and it's worked great. Does anyone know if they ever made a negative carrier for roll film for it? When I got my enlarger it had a good bulb in it, and came with an extra (which I'm currently using now), so I'm kind of interested in alternative bulbs, as this one isn't going to last forever! Thanks for the links, and manual, they will come in handy.

I like the Elwood, but then it's been about 30 years since I used any other enlarger, so I don't have much to compare it to! Would I be better off getting a smaller enlarger to do roll film with? I'd rather not if I can avoid it, as I don't have lots of room in my darkroom for another enlarger!

-Mike

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have never seen the Elwood 8 x 10 does anyone have experience with that one.....I have heard they are not as monstrous as some enlargers....or would one be better off fitting a 4 x 5 bessler to 8 x 10 ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check the manual John posted. It covers the negative carriers. If you have the glass carrier you can just mask it off. No?

Dave I was looking at an 8x10 last year. It may be smaller then some 8x10s but it didn't seem that small to me.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Check the manual John posted. It covers the negative carriers. If you have the glass carrier you can just mask it off. No?

Dave I was looking at an 8x10 last year. It may be smaller then some 8x10s but it didn't seem that small to me.
    Hi Nick,

Sorry, I missed this question completely. I use my 5x7 Elwood for my 4x5 negatives. I didn't have an OEM carrier, so I made one out of wood, used two pieces of glass to sandwich the negatives and created a place for the negative to sit by masking it off with black electrical tape on the lower glass.

I hope this helps.

cheers eh?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've always used my Elwood for 4x5 sheet film (well, did a couple of 5x7 sheets too), but I've just gotten a 120 back, as well as a couple of 70mm backs for my camera, so will be doing those formats as well. With my current negative holder this is going to be a real pain in the behind, as it would require each shot cut separately from the roll! Does anyone have any roll film negative carriers for the 5x7 Elwood they want to get rid of? If not, does anyone have a roll film carrier for the Elwood I could borrow? If I could see one in person, I can probably duplicate it without too much trouble. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike I'm still opening boxes but I think I found the masks. All they seem to be is home made cut outs to use with the glass 5x7 holder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An old thread I know but does anyone have a handy picture of an Elwood enlarger? 5x7 preferable but 8x10 would be OK.

Thank you,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't know if it helps, Curt, but here is an old manual for the Elwood: http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...od/elwood.html
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, thank you.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format

Elwood Enlarger Manual

I have a very comprehensive Elwood Enalrger manual from May 15, 1940,
    covering their whole line of enlargers and accessories, as well as a price list.
    It is 64 pages of well illustrated information information. This is not quite the right place to do this (selling stuff on a Forum), but I will sell this for $12.00, post paid

in the lower 48, and a coupla bucks for APUG.

I wish I could generously offer to post it, but I am so analogue that I don't
    know how, a borderline computer illiterate.

l
    Last edited by Dick Sheppard; 01-24-2007 at 12:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: grammer mistakes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin