Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,203   Online: 704

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by proslambanomenos
    Hi all, need some help and advice,

I've got a Beseler 45mxt and a 16x20 saunders v-track easel. I love them. However, I want to be able to make bigger prints than are currently limited by my 16x20 easel. (I'm talking about 30" and larger.) It looks like my best bet would be to get Beseler's optional wall projection bracket (my dad's older mx series enlarger has this built in, but unfortunately mine is newer and does not) and shoot my enlargements onto the wall.

Question: Shooting onto the wall looks like it could be a fun challenge. Knowing nothing about what my options are, it looks like I'm going to have to make my own wall-mount easel. Any suggestions?
    To the bracket: Picture framing wire from the nut holding the bumper (located on a bit just behind the lens stage) to the lower cross-bar will suitably hold the head. (you could get more creative with a trip to your hobbyshop and their model plane cables and adjustable cable ties) Remove the lens board and drop a square (or use a level) to ensure the 90 degree tilt.

To the wall-easel: Get a do-it-yourself metal frame kit (or a pre-made one would be better for fast clip-in) in the size of paper you will be using. Get a chunk of foam core (or if doing 30" gator prolly better) and you now have an easy-to-hang printing frame (sans glass) which allows 1/4" borders.

-Brad
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by proslambanomenos
    The enlarger table I use doesn't have that option, unfortunately. But, even if it were an option, what about the easel problem--i still don't have a large enough easel.
    I also have the 4x5mxt. Take the baseboard off, and make an enlarging table to project onto or towards the floor, similar to the beseler table. Use plywood, wood screws, it's an afternoon project if you're handy with a hand saw (power) or better yet if you have a table saw. Mine took about 2 hours working with another person, including the time to stain...

You can also make a temporary easel out of the hardwood plywoods, or mdf. You don't have to get fancy. My 16x20 easel is made out of smooth plywood hardwood, with edge banding that sticks up on three sides...not even painted. Focus on a scrap piece of paper. You can buy the expensive easel after you get the kinks worked out of making that 30x40 print... good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin